Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm Sorry ~ Riley Update

Posted 12 hours ago

Sadly, Riley’s scans showed a new tumor in her right lung. The tumor is 2 x 3 cm which is surprisingly large in such a short time. “I’m sorry” were the doctors words as he delivered the news. “I’m sorry” were the words we said to each other as the news sunk in. “I’m sorry” were the words as we broke the news to Riley when we got home.



So many questions and so much confusion in our hearts. Seems all my brain can tell my heart is “I’m sorry.”



For those who have supported us in prayers and belief, “I’m sorry.” For those who will struggle with what this means, “I’m sorry.”



For those who think this is a reason not to believe in God, “I’m sorry.”



Although we know medicine has nothing else to offer Riley, we know God is with her and us. Why is her journey continuing down this path and she not healed as we believed? We feel even more like the disciples who didn’t understand Jesus’ teachings before He died and were lost when he was taken away from them. Blessed Mary, who accepted her role without knowing what would be expected of her. Mary who ached as her son, our Savior, was torn from her arms. Will we ever have her strength? How will He show us His mighty power?



We don’t know what to expect anymore. We don’t know how we will be each day, but we thank those who will help us as we must continue on. Don’t be afraid to talk to us, drop us a line or give us a call. We aren’t ready to respond today, but this pain will ease. As a brother in Christ taught us, “I don’t know what to say, but I couldn’t let that keep me from letting you know I care.”



The same friend said it best tonight, “The one thing I know is God loves Riley more than I can understand.”



Knowing He loves us all,

Kirk & Kelly

2 comments:

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

Hi, Charlene. It is nice of you to post this for little Riley. I will say a prayer for her and her parents. God bless you and Riley and Mom and Dad.
Best,
Gloria

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

P.S. On a lighter note: I like your background... the gingham bows are very pretty.
gv