Monday, April 11, 2011

Praise You in this Storm Update on Riley



Posted 31 minutes ago


Lyrics to a Casting Crowns song that has been meaningful for a couple years for us but even more now:



I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down

and wiped our tears away,

stepped in and saved the day.

But once again, I say amen

and it's still raining

as the thunder rolls

I barely hear You whisper through the rain,

"I'm with you"

and as Your mercy falls

I raise my hands and praise

the God who gives and takes away.



Chorus:

And I'll praise you in this storm

and I will lift my hands

for You are who You are

no matter where I am

and every tear I've cried

You hold in your hand

You never left my side

and though my heart is torn

I will praise You in this storm



The past couple weeks have been a struggle for us. Riley got sick with 103 fever last Tuesday afternoon and was exhausted. A deep cough developed and she was sick the first time in years. I know that sounds odd, but even though Riley has been undergoing treatment all this time she barely was ever “sick.” When her fever went away, we sent her back to school Friday but school called that she was coughing and pale so we brought her home. She said she was okay but just called because her teacher was worried. The cough has remained through the weekend and although we have remained hopeful, she has developed pain when she coughs and actually wanted to stay home from school today.



All of this is such a quick change for her. She plays for short periods but spends much of her time resting on the couch watching TV or playing video games. She is sleeping more. Her cough continues.



We reviewed her CT scan and this tumor is located differently in her chest than her others. This tumor is toward the center of her chest and comes in contact with the main artery to the right lung and the large airway to the lung. It had grown “quickly” to show up as it did on scans and doesn’t have much room to grow without potential serious complications to occur.

The time is growing closer that we need His miracle. We need prayers for her healing and our strength. Our minds to clear enough to do what we have to do (and the help to know what that is). Prayers for the cough, pain, and lightheadedness to resolve. Prayers for Riley to remain calm and at peace. Prayers for the other kids (in our family and her friends) to not be scared and have the attention they need too.



We know good will come. We know what we think is best. We know He wants to heal those who believe, but only He knows and understands His plans. We continue to pray. We praise Him in this Storm because His plan will be best.



Giving Praise while seeking shelter in Him, Kirk and Kelly

0 comments: