Thursday, June 30, 2011

Disappointed with Best Buy




I am very disappointed. I was under the impression that when you purchase the extended warranty if something happened to the item if it could not be fixed you would receive a new one.

Monday I took my son’s DSI XL in. It would not go to the main screen. Told him that an error occurred. Yesterday I picked it up. It was not the one he had it was refurbished. We charged it up and when he turned it on… OH, he is 12! It said F--K you people! It also had pictures of this other kid and family stuff. Only 2 obscene. I was shocked that Geek Squad didn’t delete everything that was on there.
Now I did call the manager of the Best Buy that this happened and she stated they would
order a new one and call me when it came in. I could delete any thing that was on the one I picked up.
She also stated that Geek Squad was supposed to have everything deleted. ( I was scared to death
what else might have been on there. There was 72 pictures. All I could think of is CJ seeing someone
doing the dirty or something!) Well, we will see how this all works out. I did delete everything.
I suppose that they really didn't need to order a different on. But by that time it was the principal of it all!
Bottom line is...
If you get anything refurbished, CHECK it before giving it to your child!


3 comments:

Pixie said...

Sorry that happened to you and CJ, I was under the impression you got new stuff too when you sign up for a program like that! At least you'll be getting a new one now...hopefully :)

Charlene Canfield said...

I don't know. I think it is going to be another refurbished one. They had new ones at the store. So I wouldn't know why they would have to order one. (if it is new) I will keep you posted.

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

Oh dear O.o

Truth be told, I've never really been thrilled with Best Buy as a store. I've heard NOTHING but horror stories about them and the Geek Squad.

I'm so sorry you had to experience that! Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.