Thursday, January 12, 2012

Don't blink





Do you think life can change in an instance? 

I do.  I have had several life changing events.  My first and biggest event happened 13 years ago tonight.  I can just about tell you all the details of the evening. I remember my son was 6 months old. My mom and dad watched him while I worked. My husband was working at Target. When I got home from work I was in no hurry to go home. I stayed around my parent’s house for a while.  I remember working on my dad’s feet. He was diabetic and I often cleaned and cut his toe nails.  Then I remember having my son on the floor and playing the “Hokey Pokey”.  A little while passed and my Dad was playing on the computer. He had a hunting game he liked to play. I remember he said he was going to “take his grandson hunting”.  That is the last memory of my dad while he was alive. There are more details to that day and night but we will not get into them.  

I just want everyone to take a minute and appreciate who you have and what you have. You may not have them long.  

Dad, I love you and miss you each and every day!

1 comments:

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

At least you have those good memories of your dad before he passed-Someone must have been telling you to stick around a while because of what was to come.

Being thankful and appreciating what you have in your life NOW is what a lot of people should be doing!