Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Are you a Frito Lay Fan?



I joined around the first of October. Would you believe they have already sent me a gift?
I received a Frito-Lay red reusable shopping bag, an Eco-friendly water bottle, a chip clip, 3 large bags of chips (Sun Chips, Lightly salted potato chips and Tostitos) and a coupon for another free bag!
Ask me what I have had out of it? My son has taken over the water bottle, him and my mom got into the Tostitos and Sun Chips and 1/2 the bag of the potato chips are gone! Now, my son love all of them but for some reason I think when they come in the mail as a package like they did they must taste much better! You would think I have never bought anything for him.
Here is some information they sent in the package:

Did You Know?

They start with fresh, farm-grown ingredients, making many of their chips with just three simple ingredients: Potatoes or Corn, all natural Oils & Salt.

They were the first major food company to remove partially hydrogenated oils from their cooking oil way back in 2003. That means their chips have 0 grams trans fat because they use all natural oils such as corn oil & sunflower oil.

Most of their chips contain less salt than you think!
Get this...
A 1 0z. serving of Lay's Classic potato chips has about the same amount of sodium as a slice of white bread.

They offer a Lightly Salted line of chips -- available in Lay's & Ruffles potato chips  & Fritos corn chips, which contain 50 percent less sodium than their regular line.

They have also started using all-natural seasonings to flavor some of their potato chips.

Many varieties of their chips provide whole grains like Tostitos snacks,
which contain 8 grams of  whole grain corn per serving, and SunChips,
which brings 18 grams of whole grain per serving!
SunChips are also a good source of fiber!
(I wonder how much fiber CJ got out of that whole bag he ate over the weekend)

If you haven't already join their Fan Club!
Just click on the I love Frito Lay button, enter the info & you are on your way!

1 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

Hm, very interesting!
Frito-Lay definitely has some good stuff to offer :)
Thanks for the info!