Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Saturday, June 26, 2010
These are Graham Craker Bars
They are real easy and real good!
Be careful they are addicting!
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks margarine
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Place graham crackers on a sprayed cookie sheet. Do not break apart.
In a pot mix margarine and sugar. Bring to a boil on low heat.
Boil 3 minutes. (I didn't really time it) Add nuts. Remove from heat. Pour over graham crackers.
You will need to try and spread it around. It will spread much more once you bake it.
Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes.. (I cooked mine 8 minutes)
Let them cool a few minutes then cut or break apart.
Let me know if you try them. CJ (my son) likes them and he is real picky!
~One more thing~
I have some of the $12. coupon books from the party and the $1.50 off the Set & Refresh.
If you want me to send some to you, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will put you some in the mail!
Thanks for coming to my "Blog House Party"
Saturday, June 19, 2010
I have these awsome goodies to give away!
Sat, Jun 26 @ 10:30 AM
If you would like to see how fun they can be check these out for size!
McDonalds & Shrek Forever After House Party
Sandwich Thins House Party
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Enter the Anything's Possible with Popsicle® Promotion
Experience life as an astronaut on this 4-day/3-night trip to Alabama.
Enter now for a chance to win one of three awesome family adventures. Just give the answer to the riddle on your Popsicle® stick and you're entered!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Oh forget it!
Just go over there and see for yourself all the COOL stuff she has!
I sure know what I will be doing this weekend!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
True Random Number Generator
Powered by RANDOM.ORG
June 1, 2010 8:37 AM
Amanda said... I follow you now!
I have emailed the winner and you have 48 hours to contact me with your information. If I have not heard from you by then I will have to pick another winner.
I can't figure out how to copy the complete Random Generator... If someone could tell me I would really appreciate it!
I really want to thank EVERYONE that entered!
This has been my BEST giveaway yet!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
My mom had texted me and wanted to know what my plans were. I told her I didn't have any, what did she have in mind? She answered GC..(code for Golden Corral) So I texted her back and said I would meet them (her and my son) there.
We get to the Golden Corral and started to eat. I of course got steak because I never buy it. I guess it was either to big, I didn’t chew it good… I really don’t know.
I kept trying to swallow it… but it wouldn’t go down! It wouldn't come out either! Then I tried to cough…Oh my gosh…It wont come out! I couldn’t cough, I couldn’t talk and I couldn’t breath. I went for the water, maybe I can make it go down with water… By this time my mom was asking if I was ok. Then the water started running out of my mouth because it wouldn’t go down. Oh my God, I am going to die. My son will not have a parent! Then I thought of when he was a baby you tell kids to lift their arms in the air. I think I was in the process of trying to stand and do that.. but I think my mom started pounding on my back…FINALLY… it came out! In my 44 years, I never remember anything like that. So I came home and looked up choking on the internet and wanted to share these things with you. It really scared me! And now my chest, my throat and my back hurts from trying to get that darn piece of steak out!
• Occurs when foreign object is lodged in windpipe
• This blocks oxygen supply to brain
• In adults, choking occurs due to food
• In children it also occurs on swallowing an object
• Choking could be fatal, if first aid not given
• Swallowing a large piece of food
• Swallowing food that is not well chewed
• Eating food quickly
• Eating and talking
• Consuming alcohol before a meal
• Wearing dentures
• Being careless about children
• Walking / playing with food in mouth
• Hands will grasp throat
• Noisy breathing
• Inability to cough
• Skin, nails and lips may turn blue
• Loss of consciousness
• Heimlich maneuver and CPR –2 techniques
• If person is unable to talk, try Heimlich maneuver
• Forces the diaphragm upto the lungs
• Creates an artificial cough
Heimlich Maneuver on a standing person
• Form a fist with one hand
• Place fist below ribcage, thumb inward
• Hold the fist with other hand
• Keep arms off ribcage
• Give four inward and upward thrust
• Repeat till the object is ejected
• Same method is used for a child too
Heimlich Maneuver On an Unconscious Person
• Place heel of one hand above waistline
• Place other hand over the first
• Give four inward and upward thrust
• Repeat till object is coughed out
Heimlich Maneuver On an Infant
• Place the infant face down over your fore arm
• Give four blows using the heel of your hand
• Repeat till object comes out
• If it does not work, turn the baby
• Place two fingers an inch below the imaginary line connecting nipples
• Give four thrusts forcefully to bring out the object
• Repeat if required
• Do not eat quickly, without chewing
• Supervise children while they eat
• Give easily chewable, soft food to children
• Do not leave tiny objects within the reach of children
This information was taken directly from the following site:
Choking - First Aid and Emergency Treatment Guide
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Smoothies are a great warm-weather treat. They are also a good way to get in a healthy breakfast on the go. But the nutritional value depends on what you put in the blender.
These recipe tweaks can give your smoothies an easy, healthful kick:
* Use fresh in-season or frozen fruit for sweetness. Don't add extra sugar or honey.
* For a thick smoothie, add silken tofu in place of ice cream.
* For a frothy smoothie, add a teaspoon or two of dry non-fat milk to the mix.
* Use low-fat or non-fat milk (cows', sory or rice) instead of full-fat options.
* Up the protein value with a spoonful of peanut butter, nuts or granola.
* Top off your drink with some fresh mint from your garden or a little lemon zest.